Womens soccer beats Vista

The Varsity Womens Soccer team has kicked off the season with a victorious start. Winning their first two games and tying their third, the women’s soccer team has already created a great soccer team. On their second game, Wednesday December 8, the women’s varsity team won 4-0 against Vista.

During the first half, Sam Gordan ran up the side line all the way up to the corner then crossed the ball in front of the goal. Jessica Farley redirected the  kick straight into the goal leaving the score 1-0, Lancers.

Right outside of the six yard box, Dani Zombolas received a yellow card during a penalty kick for picking up the ball for a set play. She was then substituted off the field and replaced by Morgan Batcheller. Unfortunately, the ball was kicked off frame and rolled passed the goal.

In the second half, Sami Keville scored two goals, giving the Lancers a lead 3-0. During of the goals, Jessica Farley crossed the ball in front of the goal, making a perfect assist, where Keville redirected the ball perfectly into the goal.

At the end of the second half, Cindy Garcia ran from the half way line towards the goal. She brilliantly finished with a shot that flew right into the goal, finishing with the score as 4-0, Lancers.

“They girl’s varsity soccer team is really good,” Emilee Emamjomeh said. “They played phenomenally”

The women’s varsity team is off to a great start and hopefully continues this winning streak during league. With help from CHS’s Loud Crowd and the support of the students, the team could make it all the way to CIF’s.

“I think we are going to be really good this season,” Junior McKenna Tollack said. “I think we may even have a chance at winning CIF’s”

The next home game is January 7 at 4:45 pm against Westview, so make sure to come out and support your fellow Lancers!