Blaze Pizza booms in business

Blaze Pizza is located in the very front of the Carlsbad Outlets on Paseo Del Norte.  Blaze offers quick, fast-fired, and personal pizzas that are even gluten free.

Danny Tajimaroa

Blaze Pizza is located in the very front of the Carlsbad Outlets on Paseo Del Norte. Blaze offers quick, fast-fired, and personal pizzas that are even gluten free.

Meghan Kenny, Staff Writer

Recently, a new restaurant has opened in the Carlsbad Outlet Mall.

At Blaze Pizza, everyone starts with an 11 inch pizza and go down the line picking various toppings to personalize it just the way they like. The final touch is tossing the pizza into a fiery oven to let it bake for no more than three minutes.

Many hard-working students have jobs at Blaze and enjoy the new and fast-paced environment.

“I really enjoy working at Blaze because most of the time when people walk in, they aren’t really sure what Blaze is all about,” junior and Blaze Pizza employee Stevie Simpson said. “We give out lots of free pizza passes to get our name out and show how Blaze has a different approach to pizza-making.”

Often times, employees are asked to elaborate on how Blaze Pizza works, and when the customers understand and experience it, most are satisfied. Blaze allows you to personalize your pizza, so none of those pesky mushrooms sneak their way on to your pizza. They even offer gluten-free options.

“You can choose from our eight signature pizzas and you can modify them the way you want,” Simpson said. “Or, you can create a one-topping pizza, and you can even build your own pizza with unlimited toppings.”

Blaze is a great addition to the community because it’s perfect for students looking for a snack or shoppers looking for a break. Pizza lovers can create their own pizza and watch it cook right before their eyes.

“Blaze is amazing,” senior Nicole Nungaray said. “When you’re starving, Blaze has your pizza cooked and on your table in a matter of minutes.”

The perfect place for starving students because it is close, convenient and timely.

“Blaze is all about pleasing the customers, and recently, business in Blaze has been doing great,” Simpson said.